National Carers Week is fast approaching.
Across Victoria, Carer Gateway has prepared a wide range of activities to entertain and inform carers who provide unpaid care to family, friends and others in the community.
Chats with Moana Hope & Christos Tsiolkas, cooking, meditation, trivia, exercise, comedians, magicians & more! From 11 – 17 October, the Carer Gateway consortia will offer free events and activities for carers – find out more here https://bit.ly/carergatewaycarersweek
Download the Carers week calendar here
Carer Health and Wellbeing – tips for practicing self care
10:30 – 12 Noon
FREE and ONLINE Register here
Your presenter: Alison Harris – carer and counsellor.
Session outline (1hr)
- Mindfulness activity
- Overview of Alison’s story
- Struggles Alison has encountered in her caring journey
- What impacts on our ability to do self-care well as carers
- How and what carers can do to better look after themselves
- Followed by Q&A session (30 minutes)
Further information or questions please contact Jason Watts or Kylie Alletsee on 5823 7081