National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS)
FamilyCare is a registered NDIS provider
The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) is a new way of providing support for people living with disability. It’s a whole-of-life approach, a major reform of disability services in Australia, designed to provide the right support according to each person’s needs and goals. The NDIS funds people’s lifetime supports and puts people with a disability at the centre of the system, allowing them greater choice and control and funding matched to their support needs, goals, and aspirations.
As of 1 January 2019, the NDIS will roll out across the Hume region of Victoria, and people with a disability living in Greater Shepparton, Moira, Mitchell, Strathbogie, and Murrindindi will be able to access the NDIS. Many people in this region are already accessing NDIS supports with FamilyCare.
FamilyCare charge NDIS Support Catalogue rates for all supports.
To be eligible for the NDIS individuals need to be:
- An Australian citizen or permanent resident, aged under 65 years, and have a permanent disability that significantly impacts their everyday functioning and participation in social activities and work.
- a person who the NDIS believes would benefit from early intervention.
You can find out more about the current access criteria for Victoria by the NDIS website. www.ndis.gov.au
NDIS supports FamilyCare can provide
- Recreation Programs: including after school, school holiday and camp activities.
- Young Adult Social Group: Weekend activities for people aged over 18
- One on One Support: Individual support tailored to the participant’s goals, including personal care and high-needs support.
- Transport & Travel: Transport to appointments and community activities.
- And many more supports, just enquire and tell us what you need.
If you would like more information about the supports that FamilyCare can provide to you or someone with a disability, or if you would like information on the NDIS, or pre-planning assistance, contact: IntoRec on 03 5823 7041, or email firstname.lastname@example.org