The Refugee Minor Program supports young unaccompanied humanitarian minors, under the age of 18 years.
Refugee Minor Workers assist with the settlement process for the client and helps to prevent breakdowns in care arrangements.
FamilyCare provides assistance by:
- Support family and care arrangements
- Accessing health and counselling services
- Negotiating Government payments and assistance to manage finances
- Linking to education, training and/or employment pathways
- Linking in with tracing and legal services to locate family members and to assist with sponsoring relatives for visas
- Accessing sporting, recreational, cultural, religious and social activities
Referrals are only from the Statewide Refugee Minor Service.