A six-session program for parents of 12-18 year olds.
- How do I talk to my teen and get them to listen?
- Help prevent behaviour problems in your teen?
- How can I teach my teen to deal with conflict?
- How do I help my teen to cope with and understand their emotions?
- What can I do to better understand my teen?
Tuning in to Teens shows you how to help your teen develop emotional intelligence. Adolescents with higher emotional intelligence:
- are more aware, assertive and strong in situations of peer pressure
- have greater success with making friends and are more able to manage conflict with peers
- are more able to cope when upset or angry
- have fewer mental health and substance abuse difficulties
- have more stable and satisfying relationships as adults
- have greater career success
Emotional intelligence may be a better predictor of academic and career success than IQ
Would you like more information on this workshop?
This workshop is for parents and/or carers in the Goulburn Region (Greater Shepparton, Moira, Strathbogie, Mitchell and Murrindindi) only.
Did you attend this workshop? Please fill in this survey to let us know what you thought : Group Work and Client Satisfaction Surveys